2009-04-04

Berenice broke her 3 front teeth...

It's 2 Apr 2009.

Hb went for business trip in KL, will be back only tomorrow midnight.

Today's is B1's second ballet lesson since she switched to a new class.She's supposed to leave her house at 7.30am and usually back from school by school bus at about 6.55pm.

Got her ballet attire and dinner ready but at 6.40pm, got a call from her form teacher.She said that Berenice has tripped and hurt herself in school.It's "nothing serious",but bleeding,so she didn't want to send Ber home on school bus, asked if I could go pick her up.

Luckily I have just finished feeding B2 dinner, so I left her at my neighbour's place, then quickly drove to B1's school.

I was shocked when I see that her two front teeth were chipped off (later then I realised it's actually 3 teeth).1 about quarter gone, and another almost half gone!

The teacher advised me to take her to the dentist immediately. The discipline master ran up to us when we were walking towards our car.He checked her teeth and told us to submit the receipt for insurance claims.

My cousin also advised me via sms,to take B1 to dentist immediately.As she has seen a boy who fell and got his loosen front teeth "glued" back.

I called the Greenlife at Yew Tee.Was told that I may have to wait for 45min without appointment . And I have to be there to wait, to see if anyone didn't turn up for appointment. We hurriedly take our dinner, though B1 actually can't eat but could only drink some milo,and rushed to the dentist, as most of their dentists are leaving at 8pm.

I decided to drop B1 off at the taxi stand, asked her to go and register at the clinic ALONE, while I park my car. It's a distance from the car park to the dental clicnic, traffic's quite bad as there's pasar malam in Yew Tee, and "unloading" B2's car seat and stroller takes time.

When I reached the clicnic, B1's already inside, taken X-ray of her teeth. Luckily no major fracture or nerves problem. She would need fillings for her chip-off parts,and need to monitor closely for the next few months, to be sure that the roots don't "die off".

The fillings cost $150.The whole process took about an hour, including the waiting in between 2 sessions while the dentist attended to her patient with appointment. I also asked the dentist to write a letter, so that we could pass it to the school's dentist for record.Afterall it's much easier and convenient for B1 to go to school's dentist than make appointment to seeeprivate dentist.

B2 was getting a bit impatient by then, probably because she's already hungry.
The receptionist praised B1 for being able to walk-in and register at the counter herself. She said some 10 or 11 year old children don't even dare to speak up. The dentist praised her for being a brave girl and rewarded her with stickers. I didn't accompany her during treatment as I needed to attend to B2 outside the treatment room.

Hb & I did try to persuade her to come back for filling few days later, but she insisted that she wanted to do it today,probably because she didn't want her friends to see her broken teeth tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment