2009-05-26

Being "tailed" at FairPrice Yew Tee Point-Shoplifting?

I am sure other mothers could shop with baby in a stroller and yet can still hold a basket...but it's challenging for me, so I prefer to hang a foldable tote behind the stroller and put the stuff in,then take out everything at the cashier.

Today, for the first time, I experienced being followed by a male FairPrice staff. He ran after me after picking up the water bottle that my baby threw on the floor, but strangely I found that he seemed to be tailing me even after handling over the bottle to me. Somehow he seems to be standing diagonally across me and not far from me all the time.

When I was paying at the cashier, he also suddenly appeared, walking freely and empty-handed passed me. At that moment, then I realised that he could be following me for quite some time and suspecting that I am shoplifting.

Though my conscience is clear,I still felt very offended. Do I look like a shoplifter? What an insult!

I am not sure if a see-through tote would help in situtations like this? Anyway I couldn't find any transparent/see-through foldable tote so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment