2010-04-28

SIA,new credit card security measures.

I did bookings for most our vacations. This time round, Hb did the booking, and we were surprised that SIA has implemented a "NEW" security meaure. We didn't go overseas the whole of last year, so it's probably introduced last year?

Hb needs to sign a "Letter of Indemnity" when he book for our airtickets using his credit card. I couldn't understand the rationale for this, since we are his IMMEDIATE family members listed in his profile!

Anyway, we still head for SIA's office at ION orchard last Sunday, since B1 has classes at Forum every Sunday. We went there after sending B1 in, and after our breakfast at Orchard Tower.

The girl at the counter told hb " Actually there is no need to, ,since you are also travelling with them." I seriously think SIA should come out with something more sensible than this ridiculous measure that waste customers' time!

Since we were there, I also requested for Kids Meal for B2, as I read somewhere that SIA flight served bottle baby food like those from Heins onboard to babies.B2 will be 22 months by then,even though we paid for "infant" price.

Other credit card companies have also stiffen up their security measures. I just received new credit cards from OCBC and UOB with added security feature. UOB even SMS me whenever I charded to my UOB card.

When Hb tried to book hotel room for visiting consultant in Singapore, he was also told that he cannot pay for the rooms with his credit card,so he had to head down to the hotel personally!

No comments:

Post a Comment