2009-08-21

Shopping at Ion Orchard

B1 has no schools on Thur & Fri due to PSLE Oral Exams.

Planned to go taka today,but changed my mind and turned to Ion Orchard instead. Since B1 is around,she could accompany B2 when I tried on clothes at Uniqlo.

B2 would cry very hard if I leave her outside fitting room.

O-Glow $45, O-Plump $45

Sephora at Ion is much bigger than Taka and carries a lot more brands. I am glad to see Smashbox,MD skincare,Peter Thomas Roth,Make Up Forever,Burt Bees etc there. A pity Nars is not in. Wish they could carry less of those department store brands and bring in new brands.

Bought Smashobox O-Glow and O-plump,selling at USD26,and USD24 respectively in US, but both at SGD45 here.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P175109&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3728

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral cost USD30 in US, sells at SGD70 here.

Went for lunch at Aoba Ramen before heading to Uniqlo.

B1 had Saba fish set...nothing special...or the only thing 'Special" is the tiny teeny slice of Saba fish.

I order Zuwai Kani Ramen, cost SGD19.80.Soup base is good,not too salty.Ramen not as Q as I've liked to be,but still acceptable. The crab is just ok,and can still feel that it's chilled.

Bought two bra top and one black cropped jeasn at Uniqlo. Both at offer price.

Too lazy to re-queue for fitting room,bought the jeans without trying.Luckily it fits well.

Jeans are on offer at $49.90,but theirs are mainly skinny jeans and boot-cut jeans.Not the usual straight-cut, or slim-straight that I like. Plus the pockets design are quite plain,so I didn't even bother to try on.

The customer service staff told me that there are two nursing room, one in B1, another at L3,but I found one more at B3.

The designs of the nursing rooms are quite bad. Hot & Cold water dispenser,changing station,sink and a chair(presumably for feeding) are all in the same room. So if someone is feeding inside, others would have to wait outside, even if they just want to change the baby or get some hot water.

I have also seem Ion staff and other customers going in to get hot water. A teenage girl who waited outside B3 nursing room, told me she waited for "Very long" (later found out it's 10min), asked me to knock on the door and even suggested asking the cleaner to open the door. I have to explain to her that it's normal to take that long to feed babies and it's not right to ask the cleaner to open the locked door.

The lifts are indeed quite confusing. We went in to Lift B, thinking of going down to food hall, but it brought us to ONLY swensen restaurant instead.

The car park exit is also confusing. Go straight to Orchard Turn or Right to Orchard Boulevard.

Just as I was wondering should I turn to Orchard Boulevard,and what they meant "for Passenger Cars only", I headed for Orchard Turn Exit and Got chared another round of ERP within seconds!

Overall experience at Ion?Good to see a lot of new brands but .I think I prefer to shop at Takashimaya more.

Bra Top $19.90,Black Cropped Capri Jeans $39.90

Zuwai Kani Ramen $19.80

No comments:

Post a Comment