2009-06-13

Review:Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set


Selling at USD59 at sephora.com. I bought it at HKD510 from Smashbox Stand Alone shop in Langham Place Mall.

The design is wonderful,just twist the shaver for the perfect amount of powder, then apply with the kabuki brush that comes with it...BUT the lid was spoilt and could not close completely, shortly after I started using it. I hope this is just an isolated case or due to my poor-handling, and not a major design/manufacturing defect.

Elizabeth Arden has just introduced loose powder with the same casing design and concept.

Anyway, my verdict is that, this is not suitable for oily or combination skin. I do not see or feel the hydrating effec or the anti-ageing effect that the product claims.This may be better for drier skin. It does feel "heavier" than my usual clinique loose powder.

It's better to get a cheaper loose powder and a good moisturiser/anti-ageing moisturizer separately than spend so much on this loose powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment